Sunday, October 11, 2009

BP9_2009102_Flickr

I saw a lesson I would like to try in science using flickr, and also one I came up with on my own. The first one is something I saw several teachers use. Have their students take pictures, share them and write about them. I could have my students take pictures of all sorts of nature, then have them tag the pictures as producers, consumers, and decomposers. Maybe even arrange them using the batch feature into food chains then into food webs. This would seem more real to them (using pictures of what they see daily) and more interesting than looking at cartoons or just names of creatures.

The other Idea would be to have the students work on lab investigations at home, and then take pictures and post their results. This way everyone in the class could compare their results and physically see how their results compare rather than just talking about it or making a chart of results. They could even do the investigations in school and I could display them using my LCD projector. This would be a way for them to act like real scientists who post their results and share their findings.

1 comment:

  1. These are both great ideas. I had students in my class ask to edit their senior bio pig dissection as a project. It turned out so well that the science teacher ended up using it in future classes as a required assignment. The pics would be less complicated and time consuming an bring about the same type of results.

    ReplyDelete